This is an adaptation of an old grow table I had. It’s not hydroponics or anything and just basically has a grow light. But it was effective. I altered it and put it back together so I can start my garden indoors soon. I apologize I used my phone camera instead of my camera camera. Turns out it’s slightly fuzzy:( I have learned a lesson!
After I chopped the legs off. The plan was to add another shelf as well.
These are the main supports I started with from my old grow table. I needed to put it in a space about a foot shorter so I had to cut off the legs.
This was the old top. I kept it the same. Cut a hole for the light in the middle. Two two by fours frame the top.
I started with the bottom frame. This was kind of hard to do by myself. However I was successful! Cause I am amazing.
Bottom two boards attached to the sides. This was by far the hardest part of the whole endeavor
Complete bottom frame. I win!
Top added. It fit on perfectly.
Total structural frame together.
Sorry for the blurry flurry. Shaky hand sometimes. Notice I used pallet wood for some of it? It’s free and easy to acquire. I use it regularly for a lot of projects. This is where I’m adding the shelf.
Complete shelf support.
I opted to stretch mesh over for the shelf. I hope that it will let light through to the bottom shelf. It seems pretty stable. We shall see how it works when I get plants ready. The larger ones will probably be on the bottom stable shelf but the top will be good for the starters.
After I stretched the screen and stapled it I used wood glue to further strengthen it. I ran a bead down the sides and smoothed it with a Popsicle stick. Arts and craft time at its best.
Finished with the glue. Added the bottom shelf in as well.
These are the specs off the light I use for my plants. I’ll add a better picture in a bit.
Completed with light on top. It is sort of under the stairs to my basement. Hence why I needed to knock it down some. Now I just need to figure out what I want to plant in my garden this year!